Understanding the user interface
- Header - any pane with a header can be dragged and dropped either on an edge of the 3d view or on the header of another pane.
When dragging, a thin outline is drawn when the pane will dock on an edge, a thick outline is drawn when the pane will become a popup.
Double clicking the header will also toggle the pane between a docked state and a popup state.
- Tabs - any pane can be dragged and dropped on another pane's header to create a tabbed pane. Clicking a tab will show the
associated pane. Tabs can be rearranged by clicking the tab and dragging the mouse over other tabs.
- Pin - when the pin is pushed in and the pane is docked the pane will remain docked even if you try to move it. If the pin
is pushed and the pane is a popup window it will remain a popup window even when dragged over other panes.
- Close - clicking this button will close the pane. Panes can be opened again from the 'Windows' menu.
- Context Menus - many features specific to the selected object can be accessed via the context menu. To show the context menu simply
click the right mouse button on the desired object.
- Character View - Displays the character. The current viewport is shown with a white outline.
- Moving the viewpoint - Click and hold the middle mouse button and move the mouse.
- Rotating the 3D view - Click and hold the right mouse button and move the mouse in the 3D viewport. The view will rotate around
the origin set by the 'Camera/Rotate Camera' tool.
- Zooming - Use the mouse wheel, + or - keys, or while holding the control key click the middle mouse button and move the mouse left or right.
- Animations - Animations are created here. You need to select an animation object whenever you want to view or edit
an animation sequence. Selecting the 'Animations' folder will display the initial pose of the character.
- Skeleton - Bones and attachments are created here.
- Model - Smoothing groups, groups, textures and materials are created here.
- Textures - Shows thumbnails of all textures contained in the character.
- Properties - This is where properties of each selected object are shown. One object from the character hierarchy is shown in
this view. Selecting a property in this pane will show you a brief description of its purpose.
- Tools - Shows all interactive tools. Selecting a tool makes it the active tool and displays configuration properties for that tool.
Clicking and dragging in the workspace will perform a task such as creating a new shape or modifying the selected faces or vertices. Other
tools require you to click an 'Invoke' button to perform its function.
- Rotate Camera - provides a quick way to select the rotate camera tool
- Move Camera - provides a quick way to select the move camera tool
- Zoom Camera - provides a quick way to select the zoom camera tool
- Restore Tools - this affects the behavior of tool accelerator keys. When this button is depressed, an accelerator key will select the associated tool
and the previously selected tool will be re-selected when that accelerator key is released. When this button is not depressed an accelerator key
will select the associated tool and it will remain the selected tool even after the key is released.
- Show Tree - toggles whether the tools are displayed in a tree structure or with a combo box and list view.
- Customize Toolbox... - opens a dialog which allows you to modify the contents of the toolbox. More advanced features such as creating
new tool display lists are provided by the 'Customize User Interface' dialog which is found in the 'Edit' menu.
- Animation Controls - Provides controls for playing back animations and displaying the character state at specific frames.
Copyright © 2004-2007 Fragmosoft